Headless Cross - Guides, Brownies & Rainbows
Your Local Contact Is
Yvonne Eaton 01527 402120
Being a Rainbow, Brownie, Guide or member of the Senior Section is lots of fun and a great way of making friends.
Girls and young women can get involved in an enormous range of exciting activities from outdoor challenges including climbing, abseiling and canoeing to learning new skills such as first aid, becoming a circus performer, toy making and much more. And then there’s the opportunities guiding provides for international travel, getting involved in community action projects, camping and trying out new sports.
But there’s more to guiding than having a good time. Guiding is a game with a purpose. It provides opportunities for girls and young women to:
* Be challenged by new experiences and achieve a sense of pride in accomplishment.
* Think for themselves and make decisions.
* Undertake teamwork and acquire leadership skills.
* Acquire self-awareness, self-respect and self-confidence.
* Develop personal values which give their lives meaning and direction.
* Do their best according to their abilities.
* Seek spiritual development.
* Contribute to society.
* Live by a simple code - the Guide Law.
Guides come from all kinds of backgrounds. Guiding is open to every girl or young woman - regardless of race, faith or personal circumstance. Guiding respects the special requirements of each girl's faith or culture, such as dress, diet, holy days and so on.
Did you know that:
* Girlguiding UK is the largest youth organisation for girls in the UK today?
* More than 50 per cent of the female population of the UK has been involved in guiding at some time in their lives?
* Around 30 per cent of eight-year-old girls are in Brownies?
* Celebrity former members include Cat Deeley, Glenda Jackson, Lorraine Kelly, Mo Mowlan, Anita Roddick, Helen Sharman (the first British woman in space), Tanni Grey-Thompson, Carole Vorderman, Delia Smith, Kate Moss and Cherie Booth?
C. 2011The Bridge - Evesham Road, Headless Cross, Redditch, Worc's, England B97 4JX
A Centre for Christian Worship & Community Life - Serving The Community Of Headless Cross & Southcrest